Skip to main content

Lemon Marmalade Jam


I tried to make lemon jam using the recipe below. Regrettable it did not turn out too well. It was a bit bitter,  unless taken together with some butter spread.  I wonder why. I did not follow the recipe to the letter.
I used only four lemons . I discarded the unused parts and instead put the whole sliced lemon inside a blender and then boiled it for about 30 minutes.

Ingredients
5 cups lemon, thinly sliced (equal to 7 lemons)
4-1/2 cups sugar
5 cups water 



Method
:
 1  Before slicing the lemon, cut off both ends, remove seeds and inner pith completely.
 2. Tie up the unused lemon parts in a cheese cloth and set aside to use it to make pectin later
 3. Soak sliced lemon for 6 hours or overnight.
 4. Boil the lemon once it's ready with the unused lemon parts for about 1/2 hour or until soft.
 5. Remove the cheese cloth and try to squeeze out the natural pectin from there.
 6. Add in sugar and keep boiling for another 1/2 hour or until became a little thickened.
 7. Test the jelly by placing a teaspoon of the hot jelly on a chilled plate. If the jelly holds its shape a bit, like an egg then its ready.
 8. Turn off the heat, pour the jelly out into jars and sealed.


More details please see my website.. lemon Marmalade Jam


Share on whatsapp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Milk Buns- 奶油包

Butter Milk Buns are very popular in Malaysia and Brunei. When I tried to look for it in Perth, I could find any. I guessed this must be another Malaysian creation. This is my 2nd attempt with the fillings. The first filling recipes which I copied from a US website was totally useless and a failure. This time I used the recipe from a Brunei friend. It was a success. The Bun dough recipe was from Kuala Terengganu, a specialty over there. The Bun was very soft even after it cooled down. The butter milk was very nice as well. Two of the fillings in my buns burst during baking but that was because I did not cover up the dough well and it leaked out. Rest of the Buns were perfect. *makes 11pcs of medium size Buns Gelatinised dough 50g bread flour 35ml hot boiling water 1. Place Bread flour in a mixing bowl. 2. .Add hot boiling water and mix with wooden spoon to form a rough dough.. 3. Cover bowl with cling film and leave dough to cool in the fridge f