Glutinous Rice Gelatinized bread
This is another method to create a soft and fluffy even after many days using Glutinous rice flour in the starter dough. I never know Glutinous rice can also be mixed and used to make bread till now. This bread is definitely a Keeper. The texture of this bread is very similar to Hokkaido bread, very soft and tender.
Ingredients for Glutinous Rice Flour Gelatinized:
2 2/3 tbsp glutinous rice flour 糯米粉
4 tbsp water
1/2 cup bread flour
(1) combine glutinous rice flour and water, mix well.
(2) heat the mixture over low heat until thicken, off the heat immediately once the mixture started to thicken and keep stirring until it turns gluey.
(3) Stir in Bread flour gradually and mix to form a dough.
(4) then leave to cool before adding into the main ingredients. ( I leave it overnight in the fridge)
Ingredients of Main Dough :
1 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup water
1 1/3 tsp honey
2 tsp yeast
3 1/3 tbsp sugar
1/3 tsp salt
2 2/3 tbsp milk powder
1 2/3 cup bread flour
27gm cold butter, cubed
2 tsp corn oil
1. Combine ingredients (A) & gelatinised dough pieces into ingredients (B), mix to form a soft dough.
2. Then add in ingredients (C) and knead till the side of mixing bowl is clean.
3. Leave the dough to rest for 2 hour or until double in size.
4. Punch down and knead a few times. Dust on extra flour if needed.
5. Then divide dough into 4 equal portions and shape each dough into oval shape.
6. Place them to a bread tray or tin
7. Again let to rest for another 1½ hour or until double it's size.
8. Bake at preheated oven 175-180'C until cooked or golden brown.
For more info please also visit my website Glutinous rice gelatinized bread