Skip to main content

Banana Yeast Bread

A friend of mine told me about baking Bread made with yeast and Banana. I had made cake with banana but had never bake any real bread made with yeast and Banana. I search the internet and found this recipe.
I made using only half the recipe because I am not sure of the result. The bread turned out to be delicious but the Banana scent was not distinct as in a cake. This was because I used not so ripe banana and cheap ones.
The bread was moist and if taken with butter or jam was delicious.. This recipe was definitely a keeper














Banana Yeast Bread

2 tsp instant yeast or 2 packages (7gm each) active dry yeast.
1/3 cup warm water
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup warm milk
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts ( Optional)

1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the bananas, sugar, milk, butter, salt, eggs and 3 cups flour. ( about 2/3 of the flour) Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
2. Stir in nuts. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff batter. Do not knead.
3. Spoon into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 2½-3 hours.
4. Bake at 375°F or 190° C for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bread sounds hollow when tapped.




Tips
Mine got a little too done on the top , so if this happens, just lay a piece of foil across the top of the loaves for the last 10 or so minutes.That will help keep it from getting too brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.


For more info please also visit my website Banana yeast bread

Share on whatsapp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Milk Buns- 奶油包

Butter Milk Buns are very popular in Malaysia and Brunei. When I tried to look for it in Perth, I could find any. I guessed this must be another Malaysian creation. This is my 2nd attempt with the fillings. The first filling recipes which I copied from a US website was totally useless and a failure. This time I used the recipe from a Brunei friend. It was a success. The Bun dough recipe was from Kuala Terengganu, a specialty over there. The Bun was very soft even after it cooled down. The butter milk was very nice as well. Two of the fillings in my buns burst during baking but that was because I did not cover up the dough well and it leaked out. Rest of the Buns were perfect. *makes 11pcs of medium size Buns Gelatinised dough 50g bread flour 35ml hot boiling water 1. Place Bread flour in a mixing bowl. 2. .Add hot boiling water and mix with wooden spoon to form a rough dough.. 3. Cover bowl with cling film and leave dough to cool in the fridge f