Skip to main content

Ham Chim Peng

For more detail info please visit my website Ham Chin Peng




Yesterday I made some Ham chim Peng. This was one of my popular orders of all time. The last time I made these Ham Chim Peng for my Church Fund Raising, it was sold out within an hour even before the mass services was finished. As usual, I used the gelantinized method to make the Ham Chim Peng so it would stayed soft all the time. .

(A) Gelatinised dough
120g plain flour
85ml hot boiling water
1. Place flour in a mixing bowl.
2. .Add hot boiling water and mix with wooden spoon to form a rough dough..
3. Cover bowl with cling film and leave dough to cool in the fridge for at least 1 hour

(B) Ingredients (main dough)

380g plain flour
220g warm water
80gm sugar
50g condensed Milk
20g milk powder
30gm shortening
(C) Ingredient (yeast paste starter)
1 tsp instant yeast
1 tbp flour
1 tbp sugar
2 tbp warm water
Filling:
2 tsp five spices powder
2 tsp salt
A little water.
Mehod.
1.. Mix ingredient C (yeast paste starter) Leave aside for half an hour.
2. Mix the preparation in step1 (yeast paste starter) into Ingredient B (main dough) in a mixing bowl.
3. Tear the gelatinized dough (A) into pieces and add to the bowl. Mix Well. Knead till dough surface is smooth and elastic.
4. Cover with wet cloth for 2 hours or double in size..
5. Sprinkle some flour on a table. Roll out dough into a rectangle sheet
6. Sprinkle some five spice powder, salt and a little water. Roll the dough up.
7. Cut dough into 1 inch slices. Shape and flatten each piece. leave aside for 45-55 mins.
8. Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown. Drain off excess oil.




Share on whatsapp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Milk Buns- 奶油包

Butter Milk Buns are very popular in Malaysia and Brunei. When I tried to look for it in Perth, I could find any. I guessed this must be another Malaysian creation. This is my 2nd attempt with the fillings. The first filling recipes which I copied from a US website was totally useless and a failure. This time I used the recipe from a Brunei friend. It was a success. The Bun dough recipe was from Kuala Terengganu, a specialty over there. The Bun was very soft even after it cooled down. The butter milk was very nice as well. Two of the fillings in my buns burst during baking but that was because I did not cover up the dough well and it leaked out. Rest of the Buns were perfect. *makes 11pcs of medium size Buns Gelatinised dough 50g bread flour 35ml hot boiling water 1. Place Bread flour in a mixing bowl. 2. .Add hot boiling water and mix with wooden spoon to form a rough dough.. 3. Cover bowl with cling film and leave dough to cool in the fridge f