1 kg fish (ikan parang or ikan kembong)
500g sago flour
Salt to taste
1) Clean the fish thoroughly, remove its intestines and chop off its head and tail, leaving the body intact.
2) Make slits along both sides of the fish, then scrape off the meat; discard the bones. Pound, chop or mince the meat finely, adding salt to taste.
3) Add some ice cubes and continue mincing the fish meat. Add sago flour and water. Stir the mixture until it becomes a soft dough.
4) Dip your hand in the sago flour and roll the dough into a cylindrical shape.
5) Boil a potful of water. Drop the keropok lekor into the boiling water.
6) Wait for it to float and remove with a slotted spoon. Set aside to cool.
7) Cut the pieces diagonally into thin slices. Dry in the sun thoroughly, then deep-fry in hot oil.
For more info please visit my website Keropok